6.14.2014

29-week bumpdate


How far along: 29 weeks

 Baby Size: butternut squash

 Weight gain: 123.6ibs total -- total weight gain = 18ibs

Maternity clothes: mostly maternity or maxis. i am obsessed with this tank and this one. I just wish they had more colors!

Stretch marks: not yet but I thought I had one. It's faded as the week has gone on so I'm assuming it's not a stretch mark

Sleep: Wish it was all the time. This week was insanely busy and I did not get enough sleep. When I do sleep though, I'm sleeping fine. I never sleep well on Saturday nights though...not sure what's up with that.

Gender:  girly-o.

Movement: Still moving around a ton. Finally people have gotten to start feeling her too. She used to make a liar out of me and stop moving as soon as I told people she was moving.

Best moment this week: Having a good friend in town, Mallory, and getting to pray with her for our little babe! 

Doing maternity photogs with Mike and taken by the amazing Amanda English Photography. I can't wait to see them! She's a good friend of ours but her and her hubs were seriously such a delight to work with. They made it SO easy! I get super shy in front of a camera (which is why I make funny faces like 98% of the time) but they really made us feel comfortable and gave us great direction! If you're in the area, I'd def recommend using her! Capture your bump (or baby, or family, etc. etc. she does it all)!! 

Passing my SECOND glucola test. I failed the first one and had to go in for the dreadful 3-hour test. I'm not going to lie...I was pretty angry I had to go in for the second one. My first results were 130...the cutoff is 130. And I am still confused how cramming that much sugar  (and who knows that else is in that drink... it is not a natural color..) into ones body is healthy for mom or baby. I asked about 309832084058403 questions and I'm sure the girl drawing my blood was ready to be done with me. I didn't feel at east by any of her answers but I had to let go of my worries. I better not find out in 20 years those tests cause like ADD or something.. 
Picking our doula and birth classes. This has been super difficult for me.... really just navigating the whole "I want to have a natural childbirth" world has been difficult for me. Information hasn't been easy to find/go through/pick. Plus, when I thought we were starting the process early, we quickly found out we were behind.  After several interviews, we selected our doula and will also be taking private classes with her. Super excited about that! We also signed up for this class. Sounds super intriguing! And I want to take a Lamaze class. I view this as anything physical. You don't just up and run a marathon (unless you're the Englishes :)). You train for it. That's how I view labor. It's something we both want to prep, educate and train for. We may be going overboard but I'm OK with that.

Oh and of course, our growing garden. This week we were able to eat out of the garden every day. From lettuce to beets to squash, there was something to enjoy! Here's my cute little stud muffin with our first beets...


looking forward to: Our babymoon to the Outer Banks! I haven't been since 6th grade so it's a whole new world for me! We're just going to relax and take it easy. We are staying in three different spots (Manteo, Buxton and Ocracoke) but have nothing planned except being lazy.

Food cravings:  not a thing. I'm over the sugar cravings though. Been there. Done that.

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope and I haven't had heartburn in awhile

Labor Signs: nope

What I miss:  not really anything new. I think at this point I'm just really looking forward to what's to come. I know our lives will look different but it will be a new and good different.

Symptoms: still slowing down. If I don't work out in the morning, there's no way it's happening at night.

Nursery: Oh boy! We finally made progress here! Mike got the crib put together (and I found the original hardware afterwards....WOOPS!) I went to Ikea and picked up a dresser, some shelves, photo frames, etc. Here are a couple shots of the room in progress! 


there will be color, I promise. And plants, yes...there will be plants. Inspiration here and here.

Belly Button in or out? I guess it's out....it is what it is.

Wedding rings on or off? still on

Mood:  This will sound weird to the majority of you, I'm sure BUT I am getting really excited about labor. I just think it's such a cool thing that our bodies were designed for. I know it is hard work and painful but I also feel strongly that I'm capable and that Mike is capable of being an awesome coach.  I'm looking forward to putting some blood, sweat and tears into it. I still have fears around it, trust me, but am hoping to obliterate those before the big day comes ( I think all the classes and having a good support team will def help that). According to our midwife... the things they love to see are sweat, blood, poop, pee and vomit. All GOOD signs, according to her! Can't get ANY more exciting than that, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)!