5.31.2014

27-week bumpdate

 
 
How far along: 27 weeks
 
 Baby Size: head of cauliflower (2 ibs; 14.5in longish)

 Weight gain: 122 as of Thursday -- total weight gained is 17 pounds. I only gained one pound in the past month. I was kind of bummed about that and asked if I should eat more (yes, please!) but she said I'm fine with the overall weight gain so not to worry about it. I was hoping for an excuse to eat scones and ice cream at every meal.

Maternity clothes: same old stuff. Still living in a lot of pre-maternity stuff (dresses, skirts, etc)

Stretch marks: not yet. still lubing up. Ps. one jar of that belly stuff seems to last a whole pregnancy. I don't apply it every single day but I do most days. Makes it worth the expense.

Sleep: pretty good. I haven't been waking up to pee this past week (yay!). I still can't get enough sleep. Last night, we went to bed at like 10pm and slept until 8:30am....I could have kept sleeping. Really?


Gender:  Still a girl.....

Movement: She moves around most of the day. She is definitely more active when I am still. I have no idea what she is doing in there but I'm convinced she's going to be a ninja.

Best moment this week:  Warning...there are quite a few:
 
Spending our 6th annual Memorial Day weekend with our friends, Joe and Lauren. This was our first year with addition number 1 -- their baby! Can NOT wait for next year as our two little babes get to play together. It's so fun to see how each year our vacation changes as our families change. I love it and can't wait for years and years of it to come!
 
Touring the hospital. We are delivering at Duke Regional. We're crazy, I know. We're driving 45min when we literately have 3-4 hospitals within 10 minutes of us. But it was really important to us to have a midwife deliver and that was what my insurance covered at the time. We both really liked the hospital. It was so much nicer than the other ones we had toured close to our house and really made us excited about it. The rooms are huge and actually pretty homey (they hide any medical stuff in like dressers and furniture), there are some cool amenities,  etc. etc. They also always used the words obstetrician and midwife interchangeably so that was comforting.

Mike's best moment was getting kicked in the back by Baby A while we were sleeping. He's smitten already with her. He's going to be in T.R.O.U.B.L.E when she comes out.

Getting the invitation for my baby shower that was so freaking cute, I might add. EEK! I can't wait to have all of my favorite people in one spot. And I love my sweet, sweet friends throwing it. They're the bestest ever -- thanks Anna, Lauren and Yazz!! Love yall!

 looking forward to: Having our appointments more frequently and interviewing doulas. We found one that also does the Bradley course that we're interested in so I'm hoping she is a perfect match for us! 

Food cravings:  Fresh fruit. My craving for sweets and carbs has left the building. Although I did buy a carton of chocolate Oreo cookies and cream ice cream last night. I couldn't resist though... Cookies and cream is my favorite and with chocolate. that's like straight up gloriousness.

  Anything making you queasy or sick: nope

Labor Signs: nope

What I miss:  Tough workouts. I just don't feel like I have the energy to do it but I do miss it.

Symptoms: It is hard to get out of our bed (is that a symptom???). Our bed is super high to begin with -- the top of our mattress is at my waist so now I just tuck and roll kind of thing. Mike joked last night about building me a little step stool but I'm hoping that wasn't a joke.

Nursery: bought a couple baskets for storage and confused myself about how I want to decorate the nursery because I fell in love with Rikshaw Designs  crib collection...

Belly Button in or out? the top part is out...the bottom is still in.

Wedding rings on or off? On and totally forgot I wanted to take my sizing beads off. I guess I'll do that some day.

Mood:  I have my ups and downs. Sometimes I'm freaked out and get overwhelmed by the thought of raising a human. I'm really excited to meet her though. Oh and let's just say I was super stressed this week about all the things we NEED (aka I want) to get done and haven't yet. As my friend Jackie said... that's called nesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)!