2.28.2014

pb&j grown-up style

Who doesn't love a good pb&j sandwich? It's easy, delicious and brings back childhood memories. I don't eat these suckers a ton (mostly because bread is a rare find in our pantry) but lately I've been craving the heck out of one.

We had bread. Check. We had peanut butter (and three backup jars.....just in case the apocalypse comes we have to have our peanut butter supply to survive, of course). Check. And, we had no jelly. Or we did but it was questionable. So, I grabbed the next best thing. Fruit. And it was soooooooooo yummy! I fell in love. It was sweet, crisp and peanut buttery all over.

Here's what you need:

2 slices of toasted bread
1/2 an apple (any kind but I used Granny Smith)
Honey
Peanut butter
1/2 a banana

Slather on the peanut butter to your taste buds liking to both pieces of bread. If you haven't guessed, I love peanut butter so I use a generous helping.

Drizzle honey over peanut butter.

Thinly slice the apple and banana and layer. I did one layer of each but it would def be delicious with more. Feel free to add to your liking and/or what your mouth can handle. 

Slap together and enjoy! Sides well with a little fruit cocktail made from the leftover apple and banana and any other fruits you have laying around. Whoever said pb&js can't be that great for you were clearly wrong (because I'm sure someone has claimed it's unhealthy). Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)!