11.24.2013

DIY pumpkin spice latte

A little behind on the season but recently I've been experimenting with a pumpkin spice latte. This morning I even added a dollop of freshly pureed pumpkin. Delish. But don't worry, pumpkin isn't necessary for this treat.

Needed for one:
freshly brewed coffee
1/8 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
1/8 tsp vanilla
2 tsp maple syrup (or 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar)
milk (you can use regular, soy/almond milk or creamer)
a dollop of fresh pureed pumpkin, if desired and available

Place maple syrup, seasoning and vanilla in cup (and pumpkin, if applicable). Add coffee. Stir. Heat milk in the microwave for 45s. Whip milk with  one of these guys (they are sold individually at the store). Top coffee with desired amount of milk. Sprinkle a little additional pumpkin seasoning on top.


I'm an add-to-taste kind of gal. Hubs likes sweet. I don't. I like bold. He likes subtle. Use this recipe as a guideline. Add the ingredients to your taste buds liking and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I tried this and it is amazing! So simple and I had all of the ingredients!! Now I have a new addiction! Thanks girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)!