4.02.2013

Uganda, here we come...

I've been MIA, I know. Forgive me.. prepping for Africa is like packing up everything you own and moving to a far away strange place. Or, at least that's what it feels like.

The past few weeks have been insane. Busy. Too busy. We've prepared our home, our plants, packed our bags, tied up loose ends at work but I feel like I haven't prepared myself. It still seems so surreal and I'm pretty sure I will wake up tomorrow, go to the airport and halfway there... realize I'm going to another country. But tonight has been awesome. Despite my busy schedule and restless heart, God provided exactly what I needed. Support, love, prayers. So thankful that even when I'm putting God on the back burner, I'm never on His back burner. He is in all the details and always provides. Me of little faith, how is it that I always underestimate His power, His glory. When I feel discouraged and unprepared, He fills me with complete peace through my mom's prayers and surrounds me with a group of amazing women to lift me up, pray for me and send me off with encouraging words to read each day while I'm there (ps.. they rock). All a reminder of my need for Jesus.

Speaking of Jesus, we're going to be sharing our stories with the women of Watoto and encouraging them to share their stories. To see the glory of God in even the darkest of places. Because it is through our stories that we can bring glory to God. It's insane to think of where I was.. who I was before Christ and who I am now through Christ. Still messy and full of mistakes but unshackled and worthy. Here's a little bit of my story...


Celeste's Story from Hope Community Church on Vimeo.

If you want to follow us while we're in Africa, you can follow Hope's blog here:  http://blog.gethope.net/globalhope
Or Facebook it, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-Hope/478107322253204?ref=hl

See ya when we get back!

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for all of you while away. I'm so excited for you and everyone invloved. Most of all for how God is going to use y'all and how he is going to use the people of the Watoto community in your lives! Have a wonderful trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)!