2.08.2012

a birthday affair

My madge {also known as mom} turned another year younger.  She's a cute little mommy and one of my best friends. She gets to listen to me for an hour 
every.
single.
day.
 as I drive home from work. That's true mommy-dedication.
So on the way home yesterday I asked her what decade had been her favorite.
To my pleasant surprise, she said her fifties{her current decade}.
this decade has been filled with
grandbabies
wedding
a tender heart
changed husband
beautiful marriage
a loving God
strength
renewal
peace
makes me excited for the adventure ahead of Mike and I

Mike and I went home to celebrate her birthday a little early over the weekend.  We celebrated with nothing other than wine and delicious treats.


 a trip to the local vineyard {also where we had our rehearsal dinner!} Mike's rents met up with us too.
--check out our matching fingernails.. not planned--


Wine and cheese followed by a raclette dinner. A raclette is the perfect hang out and eat tool for intimate settings. It encourages lots of wine drinking, tons of creative cooking and plenty of good conversation. 
It's not a birthday without cake -- made by Betty Crocker {Mike's mom} herself. 

Happy birthday to the sweetest mom around. Loves.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great time!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was so good to have you and Mike here. As always you are welcome in our home.... just call first

    ReplyDelete
  3. and bring your own food

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post. And I want to have a raclette dinner with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaw I love this! And I didn't even know it was here till THIS Birthday! 4 years later?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)!