8.22.2014

39-week bumpdate


This is what you get at 7am in the 39th week...


How far along: 39 weeks, 2 days

Baby Size: size of a little watermelon

Weight gain: 29 ibs.

Maternity clothes: dresses, dresses and workout clothes

Stretch marks: nope

Sleep: Sleeping OK -- two nights this week I had Braxton Hicks that woke me up a couple of times but nothing that kept me up.

Gender:  Girl

Movement: Not as much. She still moves around but it's just little movements. I think she is out of space.

Best moment this week: Date night with Mike. We had a nice long three-coursed dinner (it's Restaurant Week) at a place we'd never been before. It was so delicious and just really nice to enjoy a lengthy dinner with him and chat about who knows what. 
Also, Mike has been trying everything to get me to go into labor. It's so cute. He's trying to get me to pop. Any myth to make a woman go into labor, he's trying!

looking forward to: Not being pregnant. I'm over it. I'm ready to be able to do things like bend over and ride a bike and comfortably get in and out of bed.

Food cravings:  Nada

Anything making you queasy or sick: nope. Getting heartburn again though.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks -- those tricky things get my excited quite often. My bag is basically packed so we're ready to go. Oh and I bought ingredients to make cookies when I go into labor. I figured that would be a delicious thing to do while laboring at home. Now I just have to restrain from making them beforehand.

What I miss:  I miss being able to move around and do what I used to be able to do. And, I miss shopping. I can't justify buying a bunch of stuff for maternity so I haven't bought much clothing. And the clothes right now are real cute so that makes me want to shop even more.

Symptoms: Anxious to be done already! I'm still a week out and already I'm antsy. I think I'm going to change my due date to Sept 10 so that every day doesn't feel like it could be the day.

Nursery: DONE! Wooooo hooo! We chose to do the nursery in neutrals. I like neutrals and when we have another kid, they'll have to be in the same room so it needed to be boy or girl friendly. We incorporated things we love -- natural elements, travel, plants, Jesus. My next addition is I want to add a little rock wall somewhere in here but I ran out of space and we have at least a year before adding that in. Basically everything is from Home Goods or Ikea or homemade.






Belly Button in or out? same old

Wedding rings on or off? On. I switched to a plain band that I use when we travel so that I didn't have to worry about losing my rings when we go to the hospital or them having to be cut off or something.

Mood:  Anticipating. Every twinge I'm thinking, 'OK here it goes.' I need to just relax and let go. It would just be so nice to know when it's going to happen. Argg!!!It didn't help that we had our last Centering appt yesterday and we were the only couple left (or at least that showed up). Oh well, she's just making brain mass and getting super smart in there. I just need to keep reminding myself of that.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh the nursery! OH MY GOSH! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Lifestyle was a great decision to newborn session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything has come together and the only thing left is the big entry. You're more prepared both physically and mentally than anyone I know. We're so proud of you two.
    Go Mike! Go Mike! Good luck with your labor starting techniques.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)!