3.21.2014

17-week bumpdate

 
How far along: 17 weeks (because I'm so behind on this I'm actually halfway through my 18th week. oops)

Baby Size: An onion (5 in, 6 oz)

Weight gain: haven't stepped on a scale since last doc appointment but pretty sure I've added a few pounds....and not only in my stomach. 
 
Maternity clothes: 1/2 and 1/2; no hope for buttoning my non-maternity pants anymore

Stretch marks: Nope
 
Sleep: this week was rough but I was out of town part of it and Mike was out of town the other half. I slept OK but have been in a fog most days
 
Gender: No idea yet. We find out early April :)!
 
Movement: Nothing yet

Best moment this week: Having my mom come up and play baby with me for three days. We spent two full days going from one baby store to the next. I am a HUGE fan of Sweet Bottoms in Raleigh. All the employees there are moms with kids and can tell you all sorts of stuff and recommend this over that. Plus their products are awesome. We learned loads about cloth diapers. Mom bought us our first set of newborn cloth diapers. They're so tiny and I can't wait to use them! We also stumbled upon a stroller on sale so I bought it. We've got two weeks to figure out whether or not we'll keep it. Any thoughts on the Baby Jogger City Select? It's expensive... is it worth it? It was tons of fun hanging with my madge and I am very grateful that I got to spend that time with her and get lost in baby lala land.
 

 
Looking forward to: warmer weather (totally not pregnancy related but I'm over this cold weather)
 
Food cravings: I really really really wanted a piece of white cake with white icing and sprinkles today (and still do). I didn't get it because I didn't want to drive and get it (I wanted Mike to leave work and get it for me.. totally logical. Duh). That was my first hard-core craving.
 
  Anything making you queasy or sick: No triggers. Still a no-go on brussel sprouts though. I don't even want to think about those little things
 
Labor Signs: Nope
 
What I miss: Not having to worry about what I eat; being able to workout and not get worn out halfway through. I'm really wishing I had been in better shape prior to this whole getting knocked up thing. So jealous of all my friends that run like marathons and could still do it pregnant. I'm lucky to make it 3 miles without stopping. 
 
Symptoms: had a few headaches this week and my back hurts more but still smooth sailing

Nursery: Trying to clear the closet out but I swear we keep adding more junk to that room

Belly Button in or out? In but I'm convinced it's going to pop out. Not happy about that.

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: Apathetic but I think I'm just tired. It was just one of those weeks. I need a day at the spa (hint, hint Mike). I always felt a little crazy in the mood department to begin with. Now I feel even crazier. I guess on a positive note, I have something to blame it on.

Workouts: a whole lot of nothing. That's also probably why I'm tired and apathetic. Need exercise to survive. seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you :)!