1.07.2013

The Arrigos take Uganda


Word on the street is…. We’re going to Africa! Each time we say this it becomes a little more real but it still hasn’t completely sunk in. Mike and I will be leaving for a 10-day mission trip in April to serve mums and orphans in Uganda. Wahooooooooo!!



It’s funny…this has been something that my heart has desired for years. Since I was in high school I wanted to go to Africa - to serve them. My heart breaks for the broken, the needy, the poor. The opportunity never came and I never really went after it. Years went by and I gave up on this desire (I was a little bitter about it). It never worked out. I always had excuses – no money, couldn’t go because of school, couldn’t go because of work, couldn't go because of getting married, etc. etc. Alas, I pitched the idea out the window.

Then (about 6 months later) God said, “You’re going.” He put it in an email from an amazing Godly woman, Jenny, who had been guiding a group of women for 8 weeks to grow closer to Him, to women, to becoming Godly women leaders. The email was plain as day… do you want to go to Africa on a mission trip to serve women? Well… was I going to come up with some lame excuse or was I going to say yes? At this point you know my response!

I wasn’t ready 6 years ago, 3 years ago, hell, I wasn’t ready 1 year ago! All that time He had been working in my heart, preparing me, guiding me to exactly where He wanted me to be.  To serve broken women. To honor and show them that they are beautiful brides of Christ. To go on this journey with my husband. My heart rejoices as I think of the opportunities that lay before Mike and I, as we go to serve these amazing women, lift them up and show them that their beauty lies in Christ alone! (well the guys will be building… minor detail) And for us to do this together, as a married couple. Both on our first mission trip. AH! I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am! I can’t wait to see what God does with us, those we touch, those they’ll touch, and all of y’all along the way.

For the next few months, we will keep everyone updated here on how we’re preparing for the trip and what’s going on in the life of the Arrigos – African style. I’ll be posting more info about the trip, where we’re going, what we’re doing, etc. but this is just to break the ice on all the awesomeness that’s to come!

Please, please, please pray for us throughout our journey. We will need strength and protection, support and encouragement, reminders of God’s glory. We need you, your prayers, your support and your encouragement. This isn’t something we can do but God can.

For a little bit about the trip, we’ll be partnering with the Watoto Orphanage in Uganda. Check them out here.  

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

4 comments:

  1. Cess, this is wonderful news! I am so excited for you and Mike and can't wait to hear how this trip transforms your lives! The Watoto community in Uganda is such an inspirational story and I'm eager to learn more about it through your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go on a mission trip to Africa. How exciting! Definitely keeping you both in my prayers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! It's going to be amazing! Hopefully you can take a minute to adventure outside the orphanage! Keep us posted on prayer request! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is faithful!! I cannot wait to go to Africa with you, sweet friend. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)!