3.20.2012

Hello, Spring.

Yee haw! Today is the first day of spring! Luckily for us down south, it has felt like spring for awhile. But to know that it is officially spring makes me want to run, skip and be real hippie-child like. To be honest, I never knew how much I loved Spring. I feel giddy and super excited.. like its Christmas morn or something. I think it's all the planting, weekly trips to the local farmers market and being able to walk to our favorite spots that's got me all woop-dee-do-da-ing.

Speaking of planting, last weekend we harvested a TON of lettuce and bok choy.

looks like we will be eating a lot of salads this spring. here's a tasty salad recipe:
apples, celery, tomato, goat cheese, walnuts, spinach, romaine, radishes and balsamic dressing

Not interested in growing your own stuff -- don't worry! There are plenty of awesome opportunities in most areas to take advantage of local, delicious fresh fruits and veggies.

We LOVE our farmers market -- some of them even know our names... makes us feel special :)!

We just purchased a memebership to NC Green Market, which provides you with a weekly produce box from a local farm. All you have to do is pick up your goodie-filled-box at your chosen location. Maybe something like this is offered in your town?

And, another cool thing is coming to town - Raleigh City Farm, a big ol' downtown veggie garden. It will be used mostly to supply local restaurants with veggies but the extras, us regular people can buy.
Yummy, yummy, yummy.

oh, spring. how I love thee and all the deliciousness you bring.

4 comments:

  1. I'm coming over to your place to eat!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love Spring, although this week has felt more like Summer in my eyes. The fruit/veggie box is an awesome idea! Hopefully I can find one close to home! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am happiest when I am at the Farmers Market! Your salad looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that salad looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)!