9.17.2013

second chance memory

Ok, don't judge. I know I missed yesterday and another day BUT we're home with no visitors for (no lie) 7 days out of the whole month. I think a few days missed is inevitable.

Anywho, Day 11 of Blogtember is simply a memory you'd love to relive.

I asked Mike this question a few weeks ago without realizing it was one of the prompts. I'm not one to imagine reliving moments because I love making new ones and I feel strongly that we learn and grow from our experiences, good or bad.

With that said, I'd relive our biggest fight as a married couple. I'd hold my tongue. I'd think about what I was going to say and how it would affect him. I'd hug him and tell him that even though this sucks right now, I love him. I'd stand on the vows I made to him just a few weeks prior. I'd be less selfish and more selfless. I'd put myself in his shoes. I'd choose him.

Maybe it was a pivotal moment in our relationship. A breaking point that showed me I needed to start being the wife I vowed I would be. Maybe it wasn't. I don't dwell on that fight (and luckily he doesn't either) but I do wish I could go back and undo any damage I did that day. Maybe start things out on a better foot. Luckily, I'm learning and growing every day.

Now for a memory I'd love to relive all over again and not change a thing.......Maui.
farm tours. snorkeling. hiking. swimming under waterfalls. cabanas and cocktails. sunsets.
Seriously one of the best vacations we've been on yet. More pics to come!







2 comments:

  1. It's funny, I don't think a lot of people mentioned what they would go back and change, but it's sobering to think about. Thanks for your open-hearted honesty. I think there are so many things I would change if I could - but I'm sure that moment made you guys stronger as a couple. I know my fights with my hubby have, as awful as they sometimes can be. Looks like you had some great times to make up for it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I want to go to Maui now.

    Second... I love your perspective on this topic. This is a nice reminder to always consider the impact our words and actions might have, especially with those people that matter the most in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)!