7.12.2012

hair dids

Down here in the south, it has been a sauna! I officially stopped straightening my hair two weeks ago, which I don't think has happened since I was in 6th grade! I'm pretty adamant about straightening my fro. But these days, it frizzes up instantly or it gets nasty from sweat and I have to wash it daily. Washing = an hour or so blow drying and straightening. I don't have that kind of time!

Anyway, I'm getting tired of wearing my hair in a bun or braid every day {and my coworkers prob thing I'm some sort of bum}. I'm in desperate need of cute, EASY do's that require little to no straightening action.

Pinterest... here I come! Simple hairstyles for work that look cute but require little work.








Source: youtu.be via Queen on Pinterest



this may be my favorite {perhaps because I've been wearing my hair in a bun or braid for the past two weeks and this is a mix of the two!}

How do you wear your hair on a lazy day?


ps. Mike and I are planning on spending our one-year anniversary on/near the Chesapeake Bay  for a long weekend-- any suggestions of places to go in Virginia on the bay?

5 comments:

  1. ugh ... it's the same way here in the midwest. I honestly wish I would have left my hair long for this very reason ... to put up. very very very high up. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been here...yet.....but my family in VA/WV love it!
    http://www.tidesinn.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! I've been wearing my hair up everyday for the last few weeks! It's just to hot!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been rockin the top knot quite a bit recently. However, I will now be adding a cute scarf to it - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great hair styles, I'm definitely going to have to try some of them! Lately with the heat and humidity in NC, I've either been rocking a side pony, to feel a little fancier than a regular ponytail, or using hot rollers + Bed Head Biggie Maxed Out hairspray (the only hairspray I've found since moving here that really holds up to humidity), and then about 10-15 bobby pins to pin the curls up in a loose bun. Anything to get my long hair off of my neck!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)!