6.06.2012

miles and miles

After a few days in San Fran we jumped on Highway 1 and headed down to Monterrey.  On our way south we stopped at spots with amazing views {those pics are all in my cloud, which I can't access right now} and took a short hike to check out where all the elephant seals hung out. I looooove animals. I seriously wanted to crawl over the fence and snuggle up with those blubber lovers. Not only were they cute but they could beat anyone in a burping contest. Their mating calls/yells/talking/who knows sounded like big ol juicy burps! They are my kind of friends. 





oh, and we saw a fox up close and personal!

After miles of driving and gorgeous sites, we made it to Monterrey. Our first on the to-to list was a 17-mile ride down the coast, which was SO worth it! It was gorgeous. 





this is called bird rock because it is literately covered in bird poo -- yes that white stuff is BIRD POOP! EW!
and, we made a friend. He walked up to us... and by up to us.. I mean like almost crawling up our legs. The squirrels there were so used to humans they walk right up to you to beg for treats. I caved... I gave him a piece of a Kashi granola bar.. at least it's natural, right?


our caboose on a caboose... I obviously don't listen well. 

Monterrey was so relaxing. It was chilly, sunny, quiet, you walked/biked everywhere, farmers markets every day in different parts of the city, gorgeous beaches. It was a place where time slowed down. A place where you savored a cup of hot chocolate as you watched the waves crash and birds chirping were symphonies. It was a place where being grateful came natural.... at least as a tourist. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok now, after reading this I seriously needed to be there, if for nothing else than to feed Mr Chippy or hug a blubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'blubber lovers' HAHAHA! We never headed south on our journey in San Fran we only went north. Maybe next time we'll go (2013) south and visit Monterrey! Looks lovely. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you :)!